Friday 1 September 2017

"And the days grow short when you reach September"

photo : Takeshi Kuboki, Amagasaki, Japan 2012

"......;.;But it's a long, long while from May to December
And the days grow short when you reach September 
And the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame 
And I haven't got time for the waiting game 
And the wine dwindles down to a precious brew
September, November,
............
And these few vintage years I'd share with you 
These vintage years I'd share with you
But it's a long, long while from May to December 
And the days grow short when you reach September
And I have lost one tooth and I walk a little lame 
And I haven't got time for the waiting game

And the days dwindle down to a precious few, September, November...

And these precious days I'd spend with you".

Kurt Weill September Song (1938) text : Maxwell Andersen

No comments: